How you can help
There are many ways you can support the work of the Sydney Head and Neck Cancer Institute. To find out more or to make a donation please visit the How You Can Help page on the Chris O'Brien Lifehouse website. If you would like your donation to be directed to Head and Neck Cancer please state this when you make your donation.
SHNCI Aims and Objectives
- To provide, facilitate and support timely, multidisciplinary and comprehensive treatment for patients with tumours and diseases of the head and neck as well as comprehensive support and rehabilitation of such patients, all at the Sydney Cancer Centre and RPAH generally.
- To promote evidence-based practice within the Department of Head and Neck Surgery at RPAH as well as other associated multidisciplinary head and neck units in order to provide patients with the best possible treatment outcomes.
- To promote the education of general practitioners with appropriate diagnostic guidelines for patients presenting with tumours and diseases of the head and neck.
- To educate patients, their relatives and the general public about the causation, manifestations and treatment of tumours and diseases for the head and neck.
- To gather high quality, prospective data concerning the clinical presentation, treatment and outcomes among patients treated within RPAH and other multidisciplinary units fro tumours and diseases of the head and neck.
- To facilitate and encourage high quality prospective data collection by other multidisciplinary units treating patients with tumours and diseases of the head and neck.
- To facilitate and encourage uniformity of data collection among major centres treating tumours and disease of the head and neck in New South Wales by providing leadership and central management services.
- To provide education and training for allied health professionals in nursing, speech pathology, dietetics and other fields in order to foster their interest and participation in the care of patients with tumours and diseases of the head and neck.
- To provide, facilitate and support training for junior and senior clinicians in the field of head and neck oncology.
- To carry out, facilitate and support clinical research with a view to analysing treatment outcomes and assuring quality of care.
- To conduct, facilitate and support basic research concerning the causation and biological behaviour of tumours and diseases of the head and neck.
- To develop clinical treatment protocols both within RPAH and in collaboration with other multidisciplinary centres in order to improve current treatments and to develop new therapeutic strategies for treatment of tumours and diseases of the head and neck.
- To promote cancer prevention by playing a leadership role in New South Wales.
- To cooperate and collaborate with other bodies within New South Wales as well as national and international organisations whose aims and objects include any of these objects.
- To undertake any activity incidental of ancillary to the objects set out in clauses 5.1a to 5.1n.